Top Level Domain
- This is the right-most portion of your domain name, where portions are separated by a full stop. E.g. the TLD in www.company.com is COM or www.company.co.za is ZA
- Each country has their own TLD (E.g. ZA = South Africa, UK = United Kingdom etc.)
- There are also special TLD’s not related to a country such as .biz or .travel
- .ORG is usually used for non-profit organisations
- .COM is usually used for businesses with an international target market
- .GOV is reserved for government organisations
- Some countries use sub-domains under the TLD. For example, you can’t have www.company.za but you can have www.company.co.za or www.company.org.za etc. This differs from country to country.
- We can register any TLD for you depending on availability and registrar requirements. (For example – Countries in the EU require proof of residence).